I have never taken part in any of the viral blogging awards before, but when I checked my e-mail first thing this morning (isn’t that what all people do as soon as they wake up?), I saw the notification from Melanie and thought “maybe it’s about time”. She writes a fantastic blog, so it feels more like an honor to be nominated, rather than if some marketing moron was trying to build yet another version of a pyramid traffic scheme.
I discovered Melanie’s blog “The Story Addict” some time ago, while searching for interesting blogs to read. She writes about anything and everything, and does so wonderfully. In among the posts about daily life, she also writes fiction, and against expectations I got sucked into reading – she’s one of very few people posting fiction that I’ve ever followed.
What is the “Mystery Blogger Award” ?
It’s an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging, and they do it with so much love and passion.
It appears to have been started by Okoto Enigma – I’m not entirely sure how long it’s been running for, and am not about to spend the afternoon digging through back-links to trace it’s route (although that does sound like a fantastic diversion for a quiet afternoon).
If I nominate you, you can take part too – and there are a number of simple rules to abide by:
- Put the award logo/image on your blog.
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- You have to nominate 10 – 20 people.
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog.
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify).
- Share a link to your best post(s).
Questions Asked of Me
- If you could pick any name to have other than your own, what would it be?
Good question. I’m already known by several versions of my name – Jon, Jonathan, and even Joe. I might shorten my name to just “Jon”, purely to avoid everybody spelling “Jonathan” a variety of incorrect ways.
- What are you most looking forward to in 2018?
The release of the movie “Ready Player One”. I read the book several years ago, and it remains one of my favourite books. Stephen Spielberg is at the helm of the movie, so fingers crossed!
- If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
Being able to grant wishes would be a pretty amazing superpower, wouldn’t it ?
- What post that you’ve written are you most proud of?
I don’t think it’s a single post – it’s probably the entire canon of posts I have written online since the early 2000s. I’m one of the few bloggers I knew “back in the day” that have kept at it. Perhaps that means I’m the biggest idiot too?
- Who would play you in a movie?
Oh this is difficult. Perhaps Dan Stephens, or Kris Marshall.
My Nominees (in no particular order)
- Bedlam and Daisies
- Ginger Effect
- Back in Stilettos Again
- Dater Analysis
- The Mingling Momma
- Just Jen
- Almost Drank the Cool Aid
- Brian’s Brexit Chronicle
- Boldly Going Forward
Questions for my Nominees
- What are you most critical of yourself about ?
- If you the lottery, what is the first thing you would do ?
- What do you remember about your first day at school ?
- Who are the friends you can count on – and how do you know them ?
- What was the first music single you remember buying ?